We are using the grill as much as possible now that the weather is nicer. Joe and I both agree that everything tastes better on the grill plus its less mess to clean up, don’t you agree? 🙂
Here’s a new recipe you can easily make on the grill. It’s easy and delicious (plus healthy) and we can almost guarantee it will become your summer to-go!
HELLO! Parmesan Cauliflower “Steaks”! Yes, veggie, meaty “steaks” grilled to perfection, topped with marinara sauce and dairy-free (or not) mozzarella cheese! GIVE ME MORE!
We hope you like them as much as we do – we’ve made them so many times – the recipe keeps getting better and better!
1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 3 “steaks”
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese
salt and ground pepper to taste
Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat a grill to medium (about 350 degrees F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Season cauliflower steaks with olive oil, salt, pepper and place on hot grill. Cover and cook, 15min on each side
- Remove cauliflower steaks from grill and place on baking sheet
- Distribute marinara sauce evenly over each cauliflower steak and top with dairy-free cheese
- Place back on the grill and cook until cheese is melted, 3-5 min (less if using real cheese)
- Remove from grill and garnish with fresh basil
- Plate and enjoy!