I love me some easy, no-bake dessert recipes like these Healthy No Bake Granola Bars.
They are ready in minutes and require no baking time which means less time in the kitchen and more time with Caro and Joe.
Made with gluten-free oatmeal, organic puffed brown rice and sweetened with maple syrup, and coconut palm sugar, these bars are a delicious and healthy alternative to store bought granola bars which can be loaded with tons of preservatives and other unhealthy ingredients. No Bueno!
Per Caro’s request, we added dairy-free chocolate chips but you can feel free to add seeds, shredded coconut, hemp seeds – whatever you like the most. Dried fruit would work too. I keep them in the freezer for up to a week and don’t mind eating them frozen – so yummy! Give them a try and let us know what you think.
3 cups organic puffed brown rice cereal
2 cups gluten-free quick oats
1 cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup creamy nut butter (or seed butter)
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking dish (I use coconut oil cooking spray)
2. In a large bowl, mix the puffed rice cereal and quick oats
3. Add the maple syrup and coconut palm sugar into a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils remove it from the heat
4. Add the nut butter and vanilla to the hot mixture and whisk until the ingredients are well combined and smooth
5. Pour the nut butter mixture over the rice and cereal mix and combine
6. Fold in the chocolate chips
7. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish and distribute evenly by pressing down firmly with your hands
8. Place the bars in the freezer for 20 minutes
9. Remove from freezer, cut into bars and enjoy!
**They keep in the freezer or fridge for up to a week.