Looking for veggie options to add on Thanksgiving? Well, look no further! This Acorn Squash Stuffed With Quinoa And Mushrooms is a perfect add-on to the menu. Made with simple ingredients and ready in minutes, this healthy recipe will please picky and non-picky eaters alike. Plus it’s a great option for vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free guests.
This year, we are headed to Miami for Thanksgiving. My Mother’s side of the family is hosting which means a delicious mix of traditional American and Latin American dishes. It’s like the United Nations Of Thanksgiving! I usually start with rice, beans and fried plantains. Seconds are more traditional and somewhat healthy! J Then dessert…
I’ll be sharing this Acorn Squash recipe with the family and of course, baking a FlipBox with the little ones!
Make sure to follow us on INSTAGRAM on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday and take advantage of our special Holiday sales ❤
We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
2 acorn squash, halved crosswise, seeded
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup button mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
1 cup quinoa
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
¼ cup Nutritional Yeast (optional)
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast the squash, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven and set aside
- Place a pan (or skillet) over medium heat and heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté 1-2min. Add mushrooms and cook, 3-5 minutes
- Mix in the quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes
- Carefully scoop out 2 to 3 tablespoons of pulp from each squash half and stir into quinoa mixture. Mix in the spinach, Nutritional Yeast and season with salt and pepper
- Divide quinoa mixture among squash halves and top with fresh parsley (optional)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!