Do you prefer a Fudgy Brownie or a Light, Cakey Brownie? I choose cakey and Joe LOVES Fudgy with…wait for it….walnuts (if you follow me on Instagram I talk about Joe’s walnut obsession quite a bit).
1 stick grass-fed unsalted butter
1 cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, melted
¾ cup cassava flour
¼ tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF and grease a brownie pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter until butter starts bubbling. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine the melted butter with coconut palm sugar and mix using a hand mixer until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add cocoa powder, coffee, and baking powder to the egg mixture and combine. Add the melted chocolate and combine.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and combine until you get a smooth batter.
- Sift together the cassava flour, xanthan gum, and salt and fold into the batter.
- Transfer batter to brownie pan and bake, 20 -25min or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
So now tell me, are you Fudgy? Or Cakey? 🙂