Happy Wednesday! Joe and I are back from the most amazing trip to Devon, the English countryside where our friends Katie and Craig got married. We stayed in a beautiful hotel – Hotel Endsleigh – just 2.5hrs south of London by train. The hotel is set in 100 acres and has the most beautiful gardens and views of the river, it was magical and an experience we will never forget.
The bride and groom served healthy meal options to meet all dietary needs complete with an assortment of tea served in antique silver teapots, gluten-free sandwiches, dairy-free desserts and vegan entrees. It was like living in a dream and it was fabulous.
The only way I can top the amazingness of our trip is with these Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Pancakes made with Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour and Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips. They are moist, satisfying and not too sweet. It’s like having a healthy breakfast that taste like dessert. We hope you enjoy the recipe plus a picture of us at the wedding. And yes, I wore a fascinator! 🙂
2 cups gluten-free Paleo Baking Flour
½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
½ coconut palm sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cup dairy-free milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ghee, melted (more for frying)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and ghee.
- Combine egg mixture with the flour blend in the large bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Place a griddle or frying pan over low-medium heat and melt the ghee.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Separate into plates and add a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Serve and enjoy!