Easy Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes. A dairy-free and refined sugar free recipe made with simple ingredients. Perfect for picky eaters and busy mornings.
Stuck on breakfast ideas? Yup, us too. Carolina asked for mac-n-cheese every morning this week (insert eye-roll) I try to get creative/think of new recipes but let’s be honest, who really has time for creativity at 7am? I definitely don’t.
I remembered the recipe for these pancakes and made a double batch to have for the week. The recipe calls for simple ingredients; gluten-free oat flour, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. There is no refined sugar or processed flour, just simple and good-for-you ingredients that are filling, satisfying and help keep us energized throughout the morning.
I switch it up by adding a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Sometimes I spread Apple Butter (this is our new favorite, btw) and top with fresh fruit. Anything goes!
Here are 3 fun facts about gluten-free oat flour
1. It is loaded with soluble and dietary fiber which are great for the digestive system
2. Consuming oats can help prevent sugar spikes in the blood
3. Oats are a great source of complex carbs and can help improve energy levels
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do. Don’t forget to tag us on INSTRAGRAM when you make them and add the hashtag #ourflipsidelife
2 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp baking powder
2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
Pinch of salt
Ghee for frying
1. Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place a griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat and melt the ghee. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle and cook until pancakes are golden brown on each side.
3. Serve and top with honey, maple syrup or fresh fruit (optional).
[ultimate-recipe id=”1971″ template=”95″]