Chocolate Muffins With Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce, a simple and delicious dessert recipe made with gluten-free brown rice flour, organic cocoa powder, and other clean, healthy ingredients. A must-try recipe! 😉
Gluten-Free Chocolate Muffins
1/3 cup warm water
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup ghee, melted
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cups coconut palm sugar
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground coffee
Pinch of sea salt
Dairy-Free Salted Caramel Sauce
1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
½ cup coconut palm sugar
½ teaspoon tapioca starch
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with 12 mini paper liners and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the warm water and cocoa powder to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, coffee, and salt.
- Add the melted ghee, egg and vanilla extract to the cocoa mix and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Using a spoon, evenly distribute brownie batter among muffin tins and bake, 25-30min or until edges begin to crisp and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow cooling completely then coat with a generous amount of caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Caramel Sauce Instructions:
- Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, tapioca flour, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce turns a dark amber color, 30-40min.
- Remove from heat. Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and combine.
- Transfer to a glass jar and let cool.
- Drizzle over your favorite dessert.
The sauce will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Also, our FlipBox Holiday Sale is live through Dec 25th! Make sure to get your orders in! You can order directly through the SHOP NOW link below! 🙂